Session announcement: Rostering
Rostering is notoriously complex, with home care providers facing the challenge of making sure all clients are seen at the right times, while working around the commitments, locations, and transport options available to carers.
On top of that, carers’ availability can often change week-to-week, and even at the last minute, for example if a car breaks down or a child is off school sick.
However, there are some tips and tricks that will help you to manage your roster, keeping both your carers and clients happy. We’ve brought together operational care leaders from providers Walfinch, BelleVie, and Chosen Care Group, to discuss their experiences and advice.
We’ll also be joined by Digital Social Care, a website dedicated to providing advice and support to the care sector around technology and data. As an independent party, they’ll be able to honestly discuss the different technological solutions available to help manage your roster.
Finally, we’re lucky to have Mark Topps, a busy man who is also featuring on the Entertainment Stage and in the Moral Maze discussion, to moderate this session.
Participating in this panel will be:
- Mark Topps, Social media director, National Association of Care and Support Workers
- Tiffany Meachim, Managing director - Walfinch
- Catherine Corner, Regional wellbeing lead for the North East - BelleVie
- Trudie Fell, Chief executive and co-founder - BelleVie
- Asad Abdullah, Registered care manager - Chosen Care Group
- Katie Thorn, Project lead - Digital Social Care
Join this session to:
- Hear from experienced operational managers about the tips they use to manage rostering their teams
- Join a debate on the pros and cons of different methods, including helpful technology
- Learn how clever and effective rostering can materially affect your carers' happiness and help you to retain your best team members
Join experts from Arden University to learn strategies for conducting disciplinary meetings, and improve your ability to have difficult conversations with residents, relatives, and staff alike.
Join Adam Purnell from the IHSCM to earn practical strategies for effective remote leadership, including harnessing technology and fostering collaboration.
Join us as Davina McCall discusses the challenges and successes of the care sector with our esteemed panel of care managers.
Join experts from Arden University to learn how to embed safety practices and learning from mistakes in your team culture, in line with CQC’s focus on ‘safety through learning’.
Join home care leaders and digital experts as The Caring View’s Mark Topps moderates this discussion on one of the most difficult topics in home care: rostering.
Join the NHS Digitising Social Care team and ex-technophobe care managers to hear how they embraced technology and plan your own journey, one small step at a time.
Join Christine Wint and Tricia Pereira of Skills for Care to discover the principles of ‘caring to change’ and the transformative effect it can have on your team and workplace.
Join home care leaders from BelleVie and Walfinch along with recruitment expert Neil Eastwood to learn how to look after your people and strengthen your remote team.
Join Sanjay Dhrona from The Close Care Home and Mark Topps and Adam Purnell from The Caring View for this workshop on navigating difficult ethical decisions at work.